Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

Double Ouch...

Friday, September 26, 2008 @ 1:10 AM


::25th Sep 08::

Today Haematology lab session was once again fun!! :D I have to "donate" my blood too due to my teammate's idea "One for All, All for One". So everyone in my team have to donate their blood for testing. So what type of testing I did today! Wright-Giemsa Staining for white blood cells :) So let's begin~


Finger prick with a lancet. "Ant bite" Like real!!!
Facilitator helped me to squeeze 0.5ul of blood out.
SO PAINFUL! I pain until wanna die.
And you all don't feel pain one?!?!!? :\


Anyway, Cheers to my vial of delicious blood~


My blood smeared slides :)


Staining in Process...
Little did I know that I have over stained them :(


See... Over stained... Cannot see properly and clearly...
FAILED.

So I redid the whole process again, except the redrawing of blood part... I still have some blood left in the vial. And here is the PASSED results :D


So pretty, right?! *click on the picture!!*
So yep, this test is the stain the white blood cells (WBC) so you can differentiate them from the red blood cells. The purple stained ones are the different type of WBC as you can see from the different morphology (structure & stuff). And the rest are the red blood cells :)

Gee~ I really had fun today :D Even though I have this painful, throbbing finger here... :(
Tomorrow there is another blood drawing... This time for glucose testing... And my first Understanding Test (UT)... T_T

Labels: , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info