Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

Science Centre Trip / ::Da Vinci the Genius::

Saturday, August 01, 2009 @ 3:54 AM


::23rd Jul 09::

Started my day by heading down to Republic Polytechnic to collect my new certificate!~ Met ahsie at 12noon at RP as she also going to collect her certificate as well. Such coincidence that we actually set our collection appointment on the same day. And hurray, now my name has a comma on the certificate :3 Hurray for commas! xD After that, we met up with Leon during his break and chatted over lunch. I missed the ban mian at canteen 1 :(

Later at 1pm, I left RP with ahsie and walked back to Woodlands MRT station. I bid goodbye to ahsie and took the MRT to Jurong East. Yay! I'm going to the Science Centre!~ Going to meet Puikwan and XueNi there. Got off the MRT and slowly walked towards Jurong East Public Library while playing my NDS. Suddenly a woman appeared in front of me. A stupid salesperson :( Very hard to reject! Tell me about her shop's facial package costing $139 and if I buy it now, it will drop to $49. I said I have no money already. She told me that she will let me use her worker discount thing and the price further dropped to $35. I repeated myself again, saying that I have no money and no ATM card. Then she said I can pay a $10 deposit first. I continued to reject. The deposit dropped from $5 then to $2!!! SO DESPERATE! When I finally walked away, I'm like 30mins late already :(

I quickly then walked to the library to return my books and made my way to the Science Centre. Puikwan and XueNi already went in! Purchased my ticket with Passion card's discount. Found them at the Discovery Zone :) Went to look at the newly hatched chicks, hissing roaches, mudkips mudskippers and moar!~


MUDSKIPPER!!! :D


Leopard frog tadpole :3
Oh so spotty!~




After that, we went outside to the Ecogarden to walk around and ran back to the Atrium to catch the Tesla Coil demo at 3pm. Had totally forgotten about the time! Only managed to get the final part of it :( Next we proceeded to the Mathematics exhibition :)


Had fun with the Ames room where our sizes look different xD

We walked through the DNA section and found ourselves at the PSLE exhibition.




I like the preserved animals exhibit :)
1. Mammal Development (Rabbit)
2. Dissection of a Rabbit
3. Frog Nervous System
4. Brains of 5 Different Classes of Vertebrates
5. Dissection of a Pigeon
6. Dissection of a Snake
7. Dissection of a Worm


Liked the nervous system one the most! :D




Endurance Challenge!! Who can put their hand on the block of ice the longest!!
(at the Climate Change exhibition)

Walked out from the Discovery Zone again to the Atrium, went to visit Marine Alcove and Climate Change exhibition. And then it's 4pm already! Time definitely passed by fast when you are having fun :( We have to go to the Omni-Theatre to catch an IMAX movie there :) Sea Monsters... for... FREEE~ xD Because Puikwan got friends working at the Science Centre, Haikal, Hayati and Syad :X So they let us in for FREE!~





The movie was really boring and we all were feeling dizzy from staring at the oversized dome screen. So we left halfway :X Really felt like puking :\ Went out to get Puikwan's friends to help us take picturesss before the crowd comes out from the theater.






Her friends even gave us balloon sculptures.
I made the light blue dog-bunny sculpture but it died later :\


They have a small Van Gogh exhibition outside the theatre with paintings displayed out and such. I took this picture because it reminds me of one of Amnesya levels.
"Hey Vincent! Hey Mr Van Gogh! What's the name of this square?"

Spent our last one hour at various exhibitions like the Mind's Eye, Genome, Living with Viruses, The Human Body, Nanotechnology and lastly, i-SPACE. Played and explored different exhibitions was really fun. Saw red walking giraffes at Mind's Eye. Measured blood pressure and BMI at the Human Body exhibition. And so on! Here are some pictures though. I didn't take much because most of them I have already taken before in my previous trips......


Played the Head on a Platter at Mind's Eye.




Kaleidoscopic effect~



Played with our silhouettes at the ZeroWave exhibit xD
Do you like my super long *ahem*penis?







It was time for the Science Centre to close already :( 6pm!! Although we didn't manage to see all the exhibitions. Well, for them. Because I have seen all of them already :X But we had tremendous fun! Puikwan went off first while XueNi and I went to Jurong East Public Library's Cafe Galilee to grab a bite. And then we took bus197 to Ikea and I took bus195 home from there.




Ice latte and potato wedges :3


__________________________________________

::25th Jul 09::

Went down to Science Centre again for the "Da Vinci the Genius" exhibition!! Like finally I had time to go out with Johnatton during the weekend! :) Paid $13 for the entry fee, member's discount, and head over to the Annexe. Usual price $15 without Science Centre admission and $16 with the admission. Oh ya... the stupid salesperson was there again as well... I took a detour to avoid her :\

Anyway, woah! The exhibition was excellent~~~ I loved it! I got to learn so many things about Leonardo da Vinci. I read everything and watched all the videos played there :D The exhibition highlights were Mona Lisa, Vitruvian Man, the Last Supper, Anatomical studies, the Codices and all his awesome inventions! Leonardo was a really really amazing man. I spent two and half hours in there! :D




Pictures are not allowed to be taken in the exhibition :(
So I can't show you all the amazing stuffs I have seen there.


I only took one picture in a hurry.
This is the Mirror Room where Da Vinci designed it with 8 mirrors.


Under this sketch in his notebook, Leonardo wrote:
"If you have 8 flat mirrors, each 2 braccia wide and 3 high, and have them placed in a circle so as to form 8 sides of 16 braccia circumference and 5 of diameter, that man who will stands inside will be able to see every part of himself endlessly."

INTERESTING, RIGHT?!

There was even a queue for the Mirror Room! I even went in twice to take a look at it again :)

So... better go check this exhibition out before it's too late! It will be there until 16th August.
Quick!

For more info, click here

With this... I'm done! Phew!~ Like finally... :)
6th, 7th times :D
I finished blogging already okay? 我的爱爱!


Labels: , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info