Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

端午节: 包粽子

Saturday, June 12, 2010 @ 1:08 AM


::11th June 10::

As the Dragon Boat Festival (端午节) is around the corner, I specially requested off from GV work on Friday! Not that I really celebrate this festival... my mission is just to go over to my grandma's house, learn how to pack and wrap the rice dumplings with bamboo leaves :D Such traditional way of making ♥ Results: better taste? xD

And so, let's begin! :D
Just showing you step by step procedures here. Probably it looks like some pretty half-assed procedures; but I've tried!! (._.)

Photobucket
To make these 粽子s! :D

Photobucket
Ingredients :D
Meat, chestnuts, mushrooms, glutinous rice!
(were prepared beforehand by my grandma and aunt)

Photobucket
Well, for mine. I added boiled egg whites in too :D
(I don't like the boiled egg yolks... so I left them out :X)

Photobucket
errr... Step 1: Overlap the leaves and cup the ends as shown :)

Photobucket
Step 2: Fill in some glutinous rice :3

Photobucket
Step 3: Add in some mushrooms and a chestnut...
Well, if that is you like your chestnuts. I replaced the chestnut with boiled egg whites.
To put it simple, add in anything you like lah! Be it your favourite rasins or earthworms :X

Photobucket
Step 4: Not forgetting the meat, of course... D:

Photobucket
Step 5: Cover it up with more glutinous rice! (^_^)b

Photobucket
Step 6: Fold the leaves up... tight!
Into a shape of a pyramid. (YGO!?)

Photobucket
Step 7: Secure it firmly with a twine/raffia string :)

Photobucket
& you're done with one! :D

Photobucket
Now go ahead and make more...

Photobucket
AND MOAR! :D

Photobucket
Heh, my mama posing with the rice dumplings :)

Thanks to my aunt for making the dumpling so that I can take pictures of it :D Anyway, I'm not very good at making them T.T My step 6 and 7 fail big time. I can't seem to hold it tight enough... The ingredients inside kept spilling out (@.@) And I can't remember how to tie it up properly as well. So anyway after making a few, I retired from the job. I think "resigned" should be the correct word used :X

So I went to dig out all those old photo albums to look at them :P I don't have such albums at home... or maybe they were all hidden somewhere deep deep (O.O) Here are some of the photos of me when I was much younger? :)
So... when I was a young girl, my father took me into the city to see a marching band...

Photobucket
On the bed bunk of Star Aquarius :)

Photobucket
Swimming pool of Star Aquarius!~

Photobucket
Chinese New Year at my grandma's house :)

Photobucket
♥ with mama

Photobucket
Silly! :P

Photobucket
On board, Super Star Virgo!

Photobucket
Cafe(?) in Super Star Virgo.

Photobucket
At one of my relative's wedding.
Short hair! :\

Heh, I took a short nap afterward. And when I woke up, the rice dumplings were cooked and ready to be eaten :D Damn... I felt like a sleeping flowerpot :X

Photobucket
Perfect! ♥

After my mama took rice dumplings for my paternal grandparents and relatives, we left the place and head towards Queenstown area where my paternal grandparents and Jeremy's family (cousins) were residing at :) XueNi was lucky to be staying the level above Jeremy's so she too got a share of the homemade rice dumplings :D

Photobucket
This is her thank you note/picture :3

& with that,

Happy 端午节 to all ♥


=[end]=

Labels: , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info