Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

Thailand - Bangkok Day 2

Sunday, March 14, 2010 @ 1:39 AM


::Thailand - Bangkok Trip; 7th March to 9th March::

Tab to visit Day 1:
Thailand - Bangkok Day 1

Need to get rid of my Thailand post soon!!
More and more posts piling up like a mountain again D:
FTL... orz

Day 2 (8/3):

Heh. As usual, I'm the last to wake up. I didn't even hear the alarm ring at all! :\ Went down for breakfast; still feeling sleepy... The hotel breakfast buffet was alright, although the selection of food wasn't a lot. Anyway, Fazillah have to stuff herself until she is completely full; just in case. Because we have not found any halal food stores yet! :(

Photobucket

Photobucket
I ♥ sausages! Wiener~ :X

Photobucket
Wah lao. My picture so unglam xD! LOL!

It was approximately 9am (thai time) when we finished eating and went up to our room. We took turns going into the bathroom to take a shower. After that, we rested, took "some" pictures and planned for our shopping trip. There was still lots of time before the shopping centres open. We decided to leave the hotel by latest 11.30am (thai time).

Photobucket
Btw, this is the view outside our window :\

Just to tell you, Puikwan and I turned into Manchester United fans overnight! The funny part was we were completely clueless about soccer!! xD We were only doing this to annoy Fazillah back. Because she kept annoying us about Arsenal, which is her favourite soccer team. Soo...... "Man U! Man U! United forever!!! YAY!!!"

Photobucket
We played with the decoration cloths that were placed on the foot of the bed.
Using it as a red carpet and trying to make it look like a piece of traditional clothing.
Why do I have my towel over my head? I just came out of the bathroom! :\

Photobucket
Fazillah was trying to nap but we kept disturbing her instead :X

Photobucket
Can you spell it out?
L-O-V-E!~ ♥♥♥

Photobucket
Trying to camwhore. But I think I failed terribly.
Camwhore is not my cup of tea :(
Last picture: Puikwan trying to be a ghost :\ LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Trying to do nonsensical stuff xD
Hiding underneath the table, in the cabinet and the cupboard!

And of course, all play and no work makes Jack a stupid boy. Same goes for us :) We took out our maps and everything else; and started planning our shopping route. And the result was... two place only! MBK and Suan Lam again @.@ The rest of the places were too far and we didn't know how to get there at all. Well, except if we went there by cab. But we might get scammed by the fking idiot drivers again :\ Just because we are foreigners; that means we are easy to bully ar?! Putang ina mo! Dx

Photobucket
Information centre. beep. beep. beep.

Photobucket
And we are ready to go!!!!! :D

I don't really enjoy the long walking distance to and fro. Little that I know, this was only the beginning of the horror nightmare. And this time, we really explored the whole of MBK... I think. We started from the top level and slowly made our way to the ground floor.

Photobucket
This is how the streets look like when we stepped out of our hotel.
Those vehicles are called tuk-tuk.
Manga shop! Sadly, all the manga were in thai...

Photobucket
I liked how this picture turns out :)

Photobucket
MBK!!!

Their top floor is the cinema level. SF Cinema City.

Photobucket
Candybar!

Photobucket
Alice in Wonderland~
I like the Red Queen :P

We've got a sudden urge to eat ice cream. After walking around, we decided to get it at McDonald's. We noticed that there's a sundae called the McJelly. We have no McJelly in Singapore! :\ So it's time to try~ Basically it's like the normal sundae (hot fudge/strawberry) with jelly at the base. It's pretty unique and fun to eat xD

Photobucket
Presenting our McJelly! :P

Photobucket
Some table decoration of some restaurant.
Photoshopped it :X

We spent our entire day at MBK; from 12noon to 8pm (thai time). I totally can't believe it at all. We didn't have the time to go anywhere else. Eight levels of shopper's pure delight. Most of the items sold are very cheap and the prices could be further bargained! Fazillah did most of the bargaining. She's really talented in that area. I can't really help in bargaining. No guts, I guess :X So I left the bargaining to Fazillah. Thank you! :P

Photobucket
Fazillah packing her bag in the life!
So unglam :X

Photobucket
Another manga shop! All thai as usual :(
Zero no Tsukaima and Kanokon!

At the electronics level, I bought a mini speaker and the button headset. Puikwan, too bought a mini speaker. Fazillah managed to bargain until the price was 330baht (SGD14±) each. The shops in Singapore were selling them each at SGD39±! 我们赚到了!!! Fazillah bought Arsenal jerseys for her father and brother, even though they are Man U fans D: How could you do that to them??? xD

We got really tired and decided to have a lunch break at KFC! I bought my two piece chicken meal at only 109baht (SGD4.60+). You can't even buy a meal in Singapore at that price! So cheap :X I had no choice and had to broke my no soft drink vow again :( Their meal cannot change drinks...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yippee! I ♥ KFC :X

After that, we continued our shopping spree. I walked pass this shop selling those remote-controlled helicopters. I recalled my youngest brother, Damien, wanted that for his birthday last year. But it was freaking expensive in Singapore. I asked the shop keeper how much is the smallest one and able to control the best. He said 1300baht (SGD56). Ah, so expensive! I haven't even buy anything for myself at that price and moreover, he spoils things very easily :\ After much much much decision, I decided to buy it for his birthday present this year :X The shop keeper gave me a discounted price of 1100baht (SGD47+).

Photobucket
Fazillah's favourite food of the trip.
Strawberry with cream crêpe.
She kept talking about how heavenly it tasted D:

We decided to go back to our hotel at around 7pm (thai time). Before that, we made a stop at the food court to get Fazillah's halal food (yes, we managed to find a shop selling halal food!) and also another stop at the Top Market to get cup noodles for Puikwan and I. We actually wanted to get a ride back to the hotel on a tuk-tuk. But the prices they offered were a little too steep :\

In the end, we made our way back on foot. I almost died! Everyone's legs were aching from the entire day of walking. Fking painful :\ My legs didn't even feel like my own. I told Puikwan whether I could exchange legs with her. She replied, "Mine are probably the same as yours." Dx It was a fking nightmare. Oh! The agony!! Due the really tight shopping schedule, we only managed to rest for awhile in our room and off we go to Suan Lam again! Took a cab there; unable to walk there... Friggin' far and our legs' durability was reaching zero D:

Photobucket
Pink cab :P

Ahem, this was our final chance to spend all our thai baht. I must get a bikini!!! :$ We actually walked the entire place the previous day. However, the map we saw actually shown that the place was humongous!! :\ Didn't really understand it - as in the map. But there must be some more shops we have not been to!!! Definitely!!!! Dx So we decided to re-walk the entire place again in a uniform snake-like manner. Up and down, up and down.

Photobucket
Stage with live performances!
So that's where the music came from :x

Photobucket
The CONFUSING maps.

Photobucket

And we came across a shop that sells soccer stuffs! Fazillah went crazy over an Arsenal scarf she spotted. It was pretty expensive and she was in serious dilemma trying to decide whether to buy it or not! Puikwan and I did our job in psycho-ing her to buy the friggin' scarf already! We succeeded :X Of course, if there is a Man U scarf, Puikwan and I "will" be fighting over it :X
After that, Fazillah went on to buy an Arsenal jersey for herself and an Arsenal cap for her dad - in which she would, of course, use it for herself too @.@ She went nearly over SGD50 in that one shop! Most importantly, happy can already :)

Photobucket
Fazillah and her wonderful scarf.
She continued wearing the scarf for the rest of the shopping journey,
even though she was perspiring like no one's business.

We managed to buy matching t-shirts to wear back home for the next day! Puikwan - white, Fazillah - hot pink and mine - baby pink :) We actually wanted to buy the exact same dress but it was OOS :( Only one was left; which was on display. Why can't that shopkeeper take it down since there's no more stocks left?! :( After looking through all the bikini shops, I liked one which was one of the first few shops I saw. I couldn't remember where is it... Stupid memory leak :\ Puikwan and Fazillah accompanied to find back the shop; even though their legs were about to detach from their sockets. We succeeded in finding the shop and I've got my bikini!~ ;D

Went to the roadside immediately to source for the cheapest cab! But hur~ The cheapest that we managed to get was 130baht. Oh well, that's the best we could do. If our legs have mouths, they would be screaming and screeching in distress and agony. That was how terrible it was T.T~ We gave the exact amount to the driver this time. I do not allow scamming for the second time :@

Photobucket
To the room! To the room!

After taking turns to bathe, we displayed our loots all over our beds! Arranging, rearranging, trying to get a best shot of all the stuffs we bought :)

Photobucket
○ My loots of day 2
○ Gifts/souvenirs for friends back in Singapore;
includes stupid expensive helicopter...

Photobucket
A shot on all the Arsenal stuffs Fazillah has bought! O_O

Ate dinner/supper first before packing our bags. Getting ready to go back to lil' boring Singapore the next day :( Luckily I didn't not bring the extra bag my mama forced me to bring along. I could almost her voice telling me, " I told you so" on repeat mode Dx Fazillah helped me to secure the dumb helicopter in the bag with all my other stuffs. Yes, we managed to get all the stuffs into our bags by squeezing and forcing them in :X

Photobucket
I tried shrimp creamy tom yum cup noodle.
Blehx... Spicy ;(

Photobucket
Baggage all packed!
Ready for take off!~

We sang 童话 before going to sleep @ 3am+ (thai time)...
Btw, there were cockroaches in the room :\ Gross.

♪ 我願變成童話裡/你愛的那個天使/張開雙手/變成翅膀守護你/你要相信/相信我們會像童話故事裡/幸福和快樂是結局 ♫

NIGHTS!

Photobucket
Mini-me(?)


Onwards to day 3...
Crawling there, I suppose :\

Labels: , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info