Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

Thailand - Bangkok Day 1

Saturday, March 13, 2010 @ 5:13 PM


::Thailand - Bangkok Trip; 7th March to 9th March::

Finally I decided to blog this...
Man~ I'm like so lazy!
Thanks to Puikwan's blog for the reference

Lol, Our pictures used are all the same cos' they are all from my camera!
Well, most of them :X


Day 1 (7/3):

One week after we booked the flight and accommodation, it's time to fly off to Thailand! I wasn't as excited as the both of them; Fazillah and Puikwan. Especially for Fazillah, who has been counting down to this day on Facebook and leaving us with all those wall messages. With my baggage and Thai Baht, I made my way to Tiong Bahru MRT station to meet Fazillah and Puikwan at 10.45am.

Photobucket

Photobucket
On the way to Changi Airport!~
So exciting! Just the three of us only!~ xD

It was an hour journey there! From Terminal 3, we took the skytrain to Terminal 1. We made our way to the counter to get our boarding passes and also to check in our baggage. Heh, even though my bagpack was really light, I checked it in just for the fun of it :P

Photobucket

Photobucket
Till we meet again in Thailand!~

Photobucket
Our wonderful economy class boarding passes.

Since we had some time after collecting the boarding passes, we wandered back to the station and took the skytrain back to Terminal 3 in search for our brunch. Fazillah went to grab a luggage trolley to push her hand-held bag. Heh, which is pretty lame. Our hand-held bags were really light! There's no need for a trolley at all!

Photobucket
She still abandoned the trolley outside the skytrain :(

For our brunch, we decided to have it at Popeyes. We shared a three piece chicken meal as there will be lunch provided on the plane!~ Yay! Apparently, Rebecca spotted me and texted me that she saw me. She was working at Popeyes during that time! Sadly, I didn't bring my handphone out. When travelling overseas, I don't bring my handphone out at all. There's no one to contact and no one will contact me at all. So why bother?

Photobucket
I love Popeyes' chicken!! ♥!~

Meh, after eating, we went to the toilet to wash up and then made our way back to Terminal 1; using via skytrain again. Around 1pm, we checked in and went over to the Departure hall.

Photobucket
Taking pictures in the toilet; just like typical girls :P

Photobucket
←←← Departure!
Flying off super soon!~♪

Photobucket
At the Bon Voyage cross-over point!

We quickly made our way to Gate C1 and got our first look at the plane we were going to board. This is my first time taking the Cathay Pacific Airlines. And also my first time taking a plane with my friends! Someone other than my family!

Photobucket

Photobucket
The plane that will be flying us to Thailand!
So thrilling!

And... soon we were able to board the plane! To Thailand, HERE WE GO!~ Fazillah and I let Puikwan have the window seat. I do prefer the aisle seat but I let Fazillah have it instead. So I sat in the middle! I'm not that fussy about the seats; though I would prefer to have more space :P I lent Puikwan's handphone to call my mother. Here's how the conversation with my mama went:

"Hello mummy ar. Byebye."

Fazillah and Puikwan started laughing all of a sudden. And I didn't know why at all @.@! Because to me, that "Good bye" means I'm going to fly off already and not to end the conversation yet xD It was pretty funny after I realized it :D My mama told me not to talk to strangers and not to take other people things. Why the hell would I even want to take other people things for??????????????? :\

Photobucket
See you, Singapore!~

Photobucket
Flight info~

Photobucket
All nicely seated and waiting for the plane to take off!

Can't really say I'm fond of the taking off and going down part of the plane; due to my damnation motion sickness. And I didn't really like having all that pressure built up in my ears :( Anyway, once we are up in the air, I will be alright :)

Photobucket
The 4th purple picture is the view from underneath the plane.
Cool, huh?

The entertainment system wasn't as good as the Singapore Airlines's D: The movies were not playable and they kept playing their movie trailers over and over again! So freaking annoying. Why would I even want to see the trailers! Just show me the friggin' movie!! Dx So I switched to the music channel and listen to the songs they have there. Good thing they have Japanese and Korean songs!

Photobucket

Photobucket
With our headset! :3

Photobucket
I managed to solve this butterfly ring puzzle that Puikwan brought along :D
"Butterfly fly away~"

Soon, lunch was served~ "Would you prefer chicken rice, fish pasta or me?" asked the air stewardess. Why, why, why... Of course, I would prefer you~ ;) Like real. Puikwan and I chose the chicken rice and Fazillah chose the fish pasta.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Puikwan gave me all her carrots! :D
I ♥ carrots wor~~ Jealous that Fazillah got baby carrots!!! :(

Photobucket
Whose drink is whose? :P
Cola, water and apple juice.

And very very soon! The plane landed on Thailand grounds. The whole flight journey took approximately two hours and fifteen minutes. Short flight. I would like to try those one day flights in the future. I would probably have leg cramps and would get really restless :X

Photobucket
Ho ho ho! Reaching really soon!

Photobucket
So so so so so much land!
So many really long stretch of roads!

Photobucket
And!!! Touch down!!!

Photobucket

With that, we are here at Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok! The time was 4pm (3pm Thai time). Oh no. Not again with all this time zone differences. Anyway, the distance from the gate to the place where we got our passport stamped was really really far! Our gate was like probably the last gate of all. We stopped by the nearest toilet to freshen up before proceeding on.

Photobucket
Thank goodness for travelators!!! ♥

Photobucket
By the time we got there, the queues were friggin' long! :(

After that, we went to the conveyor belts to retrieve our baggage. Luckily we didn't have to wait long for them. We went out and into the lobbies of the airport. We were supposed to walk to Area 4 to look for our guide. And we were at Area 10+ or so; I can't remember... When we reached Area 4, this was what we saw.... :\

Photobucket
Look at all those guides!

How the heck are we going to find one person who we have not even seen before in that humongous crowd of people?? We tried to scrutinize all those papers they were holding for Fazillah's name. Puikwan and I have entered her name as our leader :P Anyway, the effort was futile...

We almost gave up looking and was ready to call back to our travel agency, Farmosa, in Singapore to ask for help! Puikwan took out the envelope to search for the number and someone grabbed her arm and said "Farmosa!". Wow, that was lucky! The guide managed to see the word, Farmosa, printed on the envelope and we happened to be walking pass her at that time.

Photobucket
The paper the guide was holding was really small!
I didn't expect that there will be that many people's name on the paper...
Maybe that's the reason why I overlooked her name; which happened to be the last one.

I have no idea why... but the guide passed me the paper and asked me to help her hold; while she bring the first batch of people to the van. Looks like we have to wait for the rest to arrive... We thought we could make it to Chatuchak - Weekend Market, after putting our baggage at the hotel. At this rate, we couldn't go at all :( Because the market closes at 6pm (Thai time). And yes, we didn't have time at all!! Too bad for us Dx

Photobucket
Me helping the guide.
Puikwan and Fazillah found this rather hilarious
and even took a video of me doing this @.@

The guide came back and asked us if we would like to go in a tour group for tomorrow's activities. We politely declined as we were going everywhere on our own - free and easy. And then, she mentioned the words, "Thai Girls Show". (This show was commonly mistaken as Tiger show because of the pronunciation of the words) And of course, I want to go for the thai girls show! :P I wouldn't miss anything for it!

The guide will arrange for us a van to pick us up @ 8.20pm (Thai time) and bring us to the show location; and afterward the van will drive us to the Suan Lam Night Market for shopping!~ This costs us 600baht which we paid to the guide on the spot. She gave us her mobile number so that we could contact her if anything went wrong. She was extremely worried for us - being three vulnerable girls with no guys to protect us xD!

We waited for forty five minutes or so for everyone to assemble at the meeting point, Area 4. The guide brought us all to the van and the van fetched us to our respective hotels. Ours being the Diamond City Hotel.

Photobucket
On the van; heading over to our hotel :)

Finally we reached the hotel at 5pm (Thai time)!! Like yay! We went to the counter to check in and got the key to our room. Apparently we have to put a deposit of 500baht for the key :\ Puikwan paid for it first. She is like our finance/admin person xD!! Oh ya, each of us took a Diamond City Hotel map that showed us all the nearby shopping centres and the directions to get there.

We took the lift up and went to look for our room, 309 on the 3rd floor. The setting was quite quaint with all the charming decorations and furniture. Found our room right at the end of the corridor. The room was like any other hotel rooms. The television showing only thai shows. One queen-sized bed and a single bed. No extra sockets to charge our stuff! We had to take out the lamp's plug and that was probably the only socket in the room :\

Photobucket

We placed our baggage down and wanted to put our passports in the safe. However the safe is required a key that has to be obtain at the counter. We decided to make our way to the shopping district before the van comes to pick us up for the thai girls show ;) I have been wanting to watch this for a long long time already! Ever since my friends told me about it. Anyway, we left the hotel and tried our best to follow the map given.

Photobucket
All ready to go!

However, it was awful! The map wasn't drawn by scale and argh! It wasn't properly drawn at all :\ We made two wrong turns and walked into dead ends! First time was a cemetery site; and the second was a place of worship... But we managed to find our way to the shopping district though. Unfortunately, time was wasted due to the blunders. And the walking distance was very long! The map lied to us.

Photobucket
No idea why were there chalk-written calculations on the pillars...
There were quite a few sculptures of elephants all over the places.
Elephants are an important part of Thai culture and the Thai way of life.

We stopped to take pictures with the painted tiger head sculptures at the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre; before we make our way up the overhead bridge's stairs... STAIRS AGAIN! After walking for so long and now I have to climb up stairs. The agony Dx

Photobucket
The colours are very vibrant! :D

Photobucket
Giant tiger heads!

The overhead bridge is huge!!!!! It's actually a linkage to all the shopping centres around that district. We decided to head to Siam Discovery Centre first. Got disappointed because it is like one of the shopping centres at Orchard Road with all the branded products.

Photobucket
The overhead bridge; the top part is actually the tracks for the sky trains!

Photobucket
Siam Discovery Centre; another Orchard shopping centre.

Went back to the bridge and made our way to MBK; Mah Boon Krong. And woah! The shopping centre is enormous! Eight floors packed with lots of shops selling ranges of different stuffs at every level. We stopped by McDonald's to grab something to eat. It was hard to find halal food for Fazillah. Every food place seems to be selling pork. Even the McDonald's there sell pork burgers.

Photobucket
Sawadee ka to all! :D

Photobucket
This was what Puikwan and I decided to try - the Chicken Ham Pie!
And it's omg delicious and it's only 29baht!! (SGD1.25+)
Why don't Singapore's McDonalds sell this?!

And with that, we began to shop! We walked about randomly around each level, searching for stuffs to buy :P The place was definitely too big and we sometimes walked back to the same place; forgetting that we have already been there before xD There were shops selling those picture printed shirts, like some shops at Bugis Street, for only 99baht! (SGD4.20+) So cheap! :P

We, of course, didn't have the time to complete our exploration of MBK. Need to buy cup noodles at the supermarket there for our dinner. I had a hard time choosing a cup noodle because most were seafood, tom yam and pork! I didn't wanna take pork because I felt kinda disrespectful to Fazillah. Even though she didn't mind at all. I settled for the mushroom one instead which was a wee bit more expensive than the one Fazillah and Puikwan had chosen.

Quickly, we made our way back to the hotel. Fking long journey again :( Though this time was faster because we have already memorised the way back. Well, not for me but they know! :X The buildings, all the bends and turns seems confusing to me :\ Ahhh!! If I got lost, that's the end of me Dx I asked the counter staff about the safe key before going back to our room. THE KEY NEEDS A DEPOSIT OF 1000baht! Hell no! Like what am I going to do with the 1000baht after I got it back at the end of the trip?! No chance to even spend it at all.

Before we could even begin to rest, the receptionist phoned us that our van has arrived. Leaving our loots back, we went back down to the hotel lobby once again. Together with another family, we set off to the location of the thai girl show!! I'm not sure what's the name of the place; but it looks pretty ulu to me :X Like some alleyway bar/club. The show was unbelievable! This is my first time seeing so many naked women real life. They did lots of mind-boggling stuns and I got to see a couple of karmasutra moves xD The only thing I didn't like was the place was okay to smoke :\ Disgusting cigarette smoke... No photo and video taking were allowed as well...

Next the van sent us to the Suan Lum Night Market. It's time to shop again~ This place is a like enormous Bugis Street. Best of all, you can bargain for the things you want to buy. Fazillah was very good at that. For me, meh... I'm horrible at it. I don't even want to talk to them... :\ Puikwan and I bought souvenirs for our friends there as well. Anyway, most of the shops there were repetitive; however they might be selling the same things but different designs @.@

Photobucket

Photobucket

Around 12midnight (Thai time), we decided to go back to our hotel and rest already. Our poor legs were aching from all the walking. We went to the roadside and tried to find the cheapest cab. It was hard. Most of them were requesting 150baht or so. Our budget for the ride was only 100 to 120 baht. Finally one cab driver gave in to us and said okay to 120baht. However that bastard idiot scammed us!!!! :@ We counted our change and realized he took 140baht from us... Liar!

Photobucket
He drove off so quickly after we have alighted from his cab :\

Finally, back to our hotel room. The bliss of relaxation... Time to rest, eat, bath and sleep!!

Photobucket
Have to go down and ask from the staff for the hot water @.@

Photobucket
Fazillah broke the tray thingy in the mini fridge!
Puikwan to the rescue~~~ xD

We also laid out the stuffs we have bought on the bed. Not very much but on the next day... IT'S TIME TO SPEND ALL THE THAI BAHT!!!! The aim is to not bring back any thai baht back to Singapore :X

Photobucket
My loots of day 1 :)

With that, it's lights out @ 2.30am (Thai time) for us!!!! I predict that I will have difficulties waking up on the next day :\

Photobucket



Day 2 next~♪
Ahh~ Lazy to blog! :X

Labels: , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info