Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

!!Anime Festival Asia '09!! - Day 1

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 @ 2:38 PM


::21st Nov 09 - Day 1::

The much awaited post(?)... Finally it's time to blog about the AFA'09 D:
Day 1 first xD

You guys know that from one of the previous post I panicked about my contact lens not arriving? Yep, it managed to come on time using the AM mail service at 11am, which I had to pay an extra of $2.55 :\ And and, when I was putting the lens on, I somehow managed to put one of them the wrong way round D: It was totally friggin' uncomfortable! The len kept sliding around my eye whenever I blinked D: Luckily I noticed that one contact len is different from the other when I was putting on my makeup!!

Photobucket

By the time I reached Suntec Convention Hall, it was already 1pm+. I went to find Kewen at the level 6 girls toilet. And and Sally have already arrived at Suntec City! I had to ask her to wait for me. Sorry!~ After I have finished dressed up with wig and all, it was already 2pm :\ Thank you Kewen for your help!! :D Let me reveal what I have cosplayed for AFA'09 Day 1:

Photobucket
Okay, done.

Cartoon: 「South Park」
Character: Kenny McCormick (Anime style)
Location: Suntec Convention Hall; AFA

I met up with ahsie and most of my anime friends outside the toilet :) And of course, we started taking pictures with each other. It had been a super super long time since we last seen each other!!!

Photobucket
Candid shot of me :\

Photobucket
With Eclair!~
She's cosplaying as Kagamine Rin; Magnet White version.

Photobucket
With Teddy, Tsuki & Jonathan.
3 tall towers surrounding me D:

Photobucket
Jonathan's Belldandy :D

After that, we went to queue up for the entry tickets for the AFA convention hall.
& the queue was OMG friggin' long :\

Photobucket
SEE!!

Photobucket
In the queue~

Photobucket

Photobucket
The guide brochure thingy.

Photobucket
The ticket!
Student price for 1 day; $12

Walked one round in there, and I realized I have wasted my money! xD The place looks familiarly like Toycon with all the figurine displays and shops selling figurine stuff and anime stuff. The only thing I was interested in was the Dragonball gachapon machines!! But I didn't have any money left after spending all of them on the entry fee :\ Which is pretty lame T_T~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I only took pictures of what I'm interested in,
thus resulting in such few pictures :X
I simply still adore Dragonball :)

Photobucket
My blue contact lens weren't very obvious in pictures
unless it's taken directly like this :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, it's about time to find Sally and Yokie at the food court. I have made them wait far too long for me (2 hours or so) T_T! Sorry!!! ahsie and her friend, Hweehsia, accompanied me there and ahsie had to go off already :( I remembered to take a picture with her this time xD! I'm not sure why but for the past few events, even though she was with me for the whole day, we didn't take a picture together at all! :\

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yay! 2 pictures with ahsie xD

Photobucket
With Sally.

Photobucket
With Yokie.

Went to order chicken rice, haven't been eating for the entire day! The chicken rice store uncle asked me whether my hair is real or not xD So funny. And also the joke where Sally wanted to dye everything was extremely funny as well xD

Anyway, after eating half a plate of chicken rice, I went back to the convention hall after bidding Sally and Yokie good bye. I went off to find Moo because he too messaged me that he has reached as well. Greeted him and he went off with his friends to do some shopping. AND I was all alone! Wandered around the 3rd level where all the cosplayers ( I notice there was a spammage of Vocaloids and Macross Frontier charas) hang out, and I found Aim :)!! Yay!~

Photobucket
Crowded level 3.

Photobucket
With Don Kanonji (Aim)

Photobucket
My solo shot~ :D

Photobucket
Don don't want to gachapon for Kenny :(

Photobucket
Don't like flash!! D:

Photobucket
With Allen Walker (Kewen)

Photobucket
With Danny Choo in his dancing storm trooper costume.

Oh ya, I forget to post the photos I took of the other cosplayers xD
But I didn't manage to take a lot of shots. Only a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That's it! :X

I hang out with Aim and his friends for the rest of the event (did a lot of silly stuffs xD) until Moo asked me to join him and his friends for dinner. Thank you Moo for the treat!! I didn't have a single penny with me after spending on the AFA entry fee and the chicken rice. I AM SO POOR, JUST LIKE KENNY! :\

Photobucket
Hohoho. Mustache xD!

Photobucket
Kenny + Don? O_O

Photobucket
Don's laughter pose!

Photobucket
Am I awesome or what? ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sakae Sushi's Teriyaki Chicken Don.

Anyway, that comes to the end of my AFA Day 1. It was quite enjoyable and I'm really glad to meet my friends, especially my anime friends that I have not seen them for such a long time!! So sad that not many people know what I am cosplaying as...

One example: There was this guy who stopped me and wanted to take a picture with me. After the shot, I asked him whether if he knew what am I cosplaying as. He looked embarrassed and replied frankly that he didn't know. So I told him that I'm cosplaying Kenny from South Park, smiled at him and left.

This was pretty disappointing. I think I need to have a South Park team so that others will know that I'm cosplaying Kenny!! That will be one of my future cosplay plans... A SOUTH PARK TEAM! Didn't really do much of the stuff that was supposed to do during a cosplay event like... taking photographs of people cosplaying, walking around in the convention hall at my own pace. Well... Sad to say, EVERYTHING SEEMS A BIT TOO RUSH!!! Dx

And and I got peer pressured/persuaded into cosplaying on AFA Day 2 as well! D:
But this will have to wait for the next post. Thank you. Good bye :)


Labels: , , , , , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info