Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

:+ Leonids Meteor Shower +:

Thursday, December 03, 2009 @ 5:16 PM


::14th Nov 09::

Wah... I nowadays super lazy to blog! I have completely lost my motivation to do so...
Now to continue from the previous post... T-T


After much pondering and deciding, I finally made up my mind. I'm going to East Coast Park (ECP) for the Leonids meteor shower and also stargazing :D Joshua will be accompanying me, while Shuhua and WeiLeng went home. They decided not to go after all. Probably due to the horrible cloudy skies...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Took the train to Yio Chu Kang and a bus to ECP. It's a long bus ride, indeed. Next, we wandered around ECP aimlessly because we couldn't find the astronomy people!! Can't even see their telescopes anywhere. Tried calling Moo for help and he, in turn, called JinPeng for help. We wandered around for 45mins before we found them. D: We even walked past them a lot of times! xD It was really silly of us... And also a completely waste of time :( Their scopes weren't set up, due to the horrible weather.

Photobucket
Lights at the horizon...
Boats, ships, floating things.

Took out another mat and laid on it. I looked up at all the clouds on the sky until I got bored of them and went asleep. But I got woken up by the loud chattering of some china girls who came by... I was pretty fed up. First, I don't get to see stars. Second, noisy china girls! But I was super pleased after they have left :D

Anyway, to make things worse... it began to drizzle D: We had to move the two mats under the tents for shelter. The astronomy people started a small fire at the beach to roast marshmallows!~ The drizzle (小小的毛毛雨) didn't last for long though, but the skies still remained cloudy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I only managed to roast one before the fire died out, due to the lack of fuel and also marshmallows. I went out gathering branches and burnable stuffs with JinPeng and two other astro members. And I saw a couple of pretty nature stuffs! :D Like:

Photobucket
Mushrooms~


Photobucket
Pretty white flower under the moonlight~

Photobucket
A toad :D!

Photobucket
& here are the branches and barks we collected :D

The whole process started over again to get the fire burning.

Photobucket
Almost there!

Photobucket
The smoke was suffocating!

Photobucket
Yayness~

Just when the fire starting to burn pretty well and we were waiting for the guy to come back with the marshmallows... A POLICE CAR CAME :\ It was illegal to start a fire like that on the beach, so the astro guys quickly kicked sand onto the fire and covering all the remains of it D:

Photobucket

Photobucket
Gathering around... nothing?! xD

After the police car was gone, they dug out the sand to retrieve the charcoal from beneath. When they were about to start up the fire again, the police car came back. This time the car drove onto the walking pavement which was really close to us, and the policemen got out to do their spot checks for illegal immigrants who swam across the sea to Singapore, I supposed. We couldn't start the fire anymore! Well, actually I couldn't care less. Because... one part of the skies was CLOUD-FREE! :D

Photobucket
Digging...

We dragged out the mats from the tents and brought it back under the skies :D I laid down and stared at cloudless part. The cloudless part only have the Orion constellation and the other constellations near it. Wrong part of the sky was uncovered!!! The Leo constellation where the Leonids meteor shower was supposed to come from, was still covered by the clouds D:!

Photobucket
Moreover, the annoying flashing lights from the police car was distracting us :\

JinPeng went to set up his telescope and I finally get to see the stars close up! :D Like the Pleiades (star cluster) and a nebula (space dust). I'm starting to love Pleiades!! 7 super pretty stars together! :D I kinda learnt how to star-hop from Orion and pinpoint Sirius and Aldebaran out.

Photobucket
I tried to take a picture of Aldebaran and this is what I get!
I wished I have a better camera to take pictures of the stuff I saw through the telescope.
It was totally awesome!!

I managed to take a look at the waning crescent of the new moon just before the damn clouds covered it! It was really beautiful to see it up close and personal. I felt very blessed for a moment. But soon, the sun began to rise and the remaining stars slowly faded off, one by one.

Photobucket
Dawn, slowly approaching.

Photobucket
Fake meteor...
Purposely put a satay stick and disturb my picture!!

Photobucket
This is it?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And with that, everyone packed up their stuffs and dried out the mats at the tents (I didn't know morning dew was that quick to settle!). We took a group picture as well and had breakfast at McDonald's. Joshua and I went off to the bus stop to take a bus back home. I didn't want to take the shuttle bus with the astro people back to Woodlands D:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wonderful sunrise :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I met Moo first at Redhill before going home; to collect the combat boots and got a taxi ride home from him. Thank you :) Showered and went to bed immediately for some sleep from 9.30am all the way to 6pm :D Delightful rest!

So sad that once again, I still didn't manage to see any meteors, due to the poor weather condition in Singapore. Stupid clouds!!!! :@ Even on the next day, Moo fetched me from work and drove to West Coast Park to see if we can catch the Leonids meteor shower. But noooo, the skies again were cloudy as usual.

Photobucket
Heh. The combat boots were too big xD!

The next meteor shower will be on the 12th Dec!!! GEMINIDS METEOR SHOWER!!!
Hope that this time
THERE WILL BE NO CLOUDS AND I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE AT LEAST ONE METEOR!!!


Labels: , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info