Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

Bloody Wednesday!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 @ 11:44 PM


Today went to do FYP again with my teammates. Can finally start on our plants, the Echeveria! Yup, those plants in my previous posts.


The end product :D
Hope they would grow~

Okay okay, so why is the heading "Bloody Wednesday"?
During one of the steps in the protocol, I... accidently... poked/stabbed 3 of my fingers with the syringe (injection needle)! Yes! 3 times!! The first time I was removing the cap of the needle. It was kinda tight so I used force. Due to the impact of removing the cap, I poked my index finger. I could already see blood through my glove. A thought came to me, "Don't tell me I'm gonna faint..." (for those who don't know me well, yup I have low blood pressure and I feel faint when blood is drawn out of me. And I'm not scare of blood at all! Don't Assume!)

My team mate, Joshua, called me to change the needle as it is already been contaminated. So I closed back the cap and tried to remove the needle from the syringe. My hand were already feeling weak but I still tried to remove it. Alas... Due to the impact (yes, again...) and lack of controlling my already weaken hand, I poked the other 2 fingers. Audrey ordered me to put down everything and seek for help from Kenneth. I stood up, faced myself to Kenneth (St.John hoh!!) and tried to tell him. But he didn't seem to get it. So I removed the glove and for a moment, I looked at the pretty red blood droplets at my fingertips, before flinging them on the floor to attract his attention. He quickly got up and supported me to the sink next door (our poor lab here has no sink...) I dripped a bloodly trail along the way! And Audrey helped me clean it up :D Anyway I did cry, was trying to hold back but couldn't stop them from flowing out! :@


Here is one drop of my precious blood
that is soon gonna be wiped away by Ethanol...

My PI (facilitator in charge of our FYP) came over to help as well. By the time, I already feeling faint. Wasn't able to stand or walk properly. But I was glad I didn't faint :) So after some rest, I was alright and felt like a dragon~ (some kind of chinese idiom? Don't remember...) And my teammates wouldn't let me handle sharp stuff like the syringe and knife anymore :(
SO UNFAIR! I OBJECT!


My poor plastered fingers. Do Re Mi~

-The throbbing pain actually feels nice-

Labels:



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info