Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

EOY Updates: Props #1

Monday, August 31, 2009 @ 2:01 AM


::30th Aug 09::

Had totally no plans for today, so I invited XueNi over to my house to start on the EOY props. I last minute sms-ed Puikwan, to ask whether she is free in the afternoon, and she was :) XueNi overslept and came late xD Even Puikwan came earlier than her!

I decided to start on my prop, the "Deer Hoof Gloves". Since Puikwan is here as well, so we started testing out how to turn our headsets we bought yesterday into a "Communication Earmuffs". It was really complicated, so we gave up after awhile xD More work needs to be done, together with ShunAn :) Puikwan's and my earmuffs will shaped of a panda, while ShunAn's will be a customised made "Mr. Bear" shaped xD

Photobucket
Communication Earmuffs

We started by cutting off the wirings and stuff. Didn't know they were so bulky... Puikwan was reluctant to cut off at first because it will rendered a workable headset useless. But it's a must! We couldn't figure out other ways to hide the wiring :\

Photobucket
Separated from the bulky wiring :\
Good bye to them!

Photobucket
Cut strips of red felt to cover over the strap of the headset :)
And then we stopped...
Making the pandas at the side of the headset was very troublesome indeed.
Though, XueNi did experiment on one side xD testing, testing.

They stayed for dinner over at my place and Puikwan had to leave to find her mama after that :( So we started on my other prop, the "Deer Hoof Gloves".

Photobucket

Had a terrible time trying to cut that piece of styrofoam! It's so thick and hard :\ XueNi got scared of me and moved further away from me because I was attacking the styrofoam violently with the penknife :X I'm also afraid that the penknife blade would break into many pieces and pierce me everywhere xD! I got my papa to help instead ^^'''

Photobucket
All the materials are ready!
Brown and grey felt cloths and the Pacman-shaped styrofoam shape.

Next step, we cut the grey felt cloth to stick it to the styrofoam, making it grey. My UHU glue has ran out :( I squeezed it dry for this part of the step, because at the first place, I don't have very much of it left. Time to get a new one! After that, I have to sew the sleeve of the item, using brown felt cloth.

Photobucket
I looked like a maid here!! :\

Photobucket
Done :)
Time to attach them together~

This was the hardest part of this prop making. Thanks to XueNi for helping me sew them together!! :D Used up the very, very, very last bit of UHU glue to secure the parts. And it's COMPLETED! YAYNESS!~

Photobucket

Photobucket
Trying it on :X
I WANT TO HIT MIKAN WITH IT!!!! :D
*Seriously, I looked like an unglam maid at home :\*

After that at around 11pm, XueNi had to go home, I sent her down and accompanied her until her bus arrived. And... I went home and waited for her to online :X So we can order our GoJane items!! MORE ONLINE PURCHASES!!! She also passed me some Photoshop effect guides to try. I tried them on my picture xD It was pretty fun and interesting to learn other tools in Photoshop.

Photobucket
using =For-Certain's guide here.

Photobucket
using XueNi's Black frame and Overlay guide here.

Photobucket
I think I used desaturate tool here...
Actually I'm not sure! I just messed around with the tools there :\

...!!! Ray told me that the costumes will most likely to arrive next week! And my wig and the decal skins as well... Tomorrow I'll be collecting my boots because yes, I overslept on Saturday :\ I need to stop buying stuff online D: The shipping fees are killing me!!! D:


Labels: , , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info