Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

:+ Geminids Meteor Shower +:

Sunday, January 03, 2010 @ 4:16 AM


::12th Dec 09::

this continues from my previous blogpost "Birthdays @ Mad Jack...
I still like have 7-8 more posts to go :( super amazing right?
Blehx... I think I'm gonna get sick of blogging soon D:

After the birthdays celebration @ Mad Jack, I made my way to Tanah Merah to meet up with Joshua, Moo, XueNi, Edmund and ShunAn. Took a bus to Changi beach and made our way to the campsite of Geminids Star Party!~ :D Yay, so happy I get to go to another astronomy event.

Photobucket

This event was surprising crowded! It was like the whole stretch of beach filled with people on mats and in tents. We managed to find a spot to settle down. After that, we sat down and gazed upon the wonderful sky above! No clouds at all!! I managed to learn from Moo; how to point out certain winter constellations like Auriga "the 2nd house", Orion the hunter, Canis Major & Minor and so on and so fore. & we slowly watched Gemini rise above the horizon.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Position of where the brightest stars of Gemini, Pollux & Castor.

Photobucket
Moo kope a telescope from the astro people xD

Photobucket

Photobucket

And and and I finally get to see my first meteor! The one I saw at Lyrids wasn't a meteor at all. A meteor didn't really look like what I've imagine it will be. It didn't look like a small bright dot with a sparkling tail behind it. It looked curiously like a snowball D: And I saw 4 of them! 3 normal blue/white ones and one green snowball. I think it's probably due to the green light reflected off the laser pointer. Anyway I am the one who saw the least meteors... Wasn't very lucky :\ Whenever I was looking away, they would always spot one D: But~ it didn't really matter! I was glad I managed to see how a meteor looks like with my own eyes :)

We spent the rest of the night - learning about stars, drawing on the sand, looking through scopes, spotting meteors and of course, stargazing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My rough sketch of where the constellations are located.

Photobucket
"Epsilon was HERE!"

Photobucket
Caterpie :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

& also, I fell asleep for an hour or so. I woke up and managed to see that the moon was finally up in the sky! :D I wanted to see its full glory through the telescope so I asked Moo to borrow a telescope for us to use again xD And we also managed to see Mars, Jupiter and Saturn as well. Took pictures of the moon and Saturn through the scope :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The waning crescent.

Photobucket
Saturn and its ring.

Soon after that, dawn approaches and the stars, one by one, they faded away... We took a group picture with everyone who stayed overnight at the Geminids Star Party and we went back to our separate homes to sleep :D This is one part of the trip I enjoyed the most... the SLEEP! :X

Photobucket
Huge bonfire O_O!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
HURRAY FOR GEMINIDS! :D


Labels: , ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info