Well, Hello There...
♥♥♥

::A.R.M.S::

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 @ 2:38 AM


::18th Dec 09::

Short post on my short trip to the ARMS (acronyms, acronyms)

Was supposed to watch Avatar 3D with Johnatton at the Singapore Discovery Centre; iWerks. Apparently watching there seems to be cheaper than watching in normal cinemas. But but... I overslept D: Sorry!! So we went to the Army Museum of Singapore (ARMS), which is just opposite the Discovery Centre. I paid $5 for entry fee, while NS men get to go in for free :(

Photobucket

Photobucket
Discovery Centre; just opposite of this big MacRitchie reservoir lookalike.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And into the museum we went. I found it pretty interesting to walk around in there to look at various items. But... the words and details were somewhat boring. Probably because I didn't understand a single thing :X A lot of acronyms were used and I couldn't remember all of them... One thing I realized from this excursion was... Does acronyms make life easier or harder? :\ So after awhile I stopped reading and wandered off on my own~ Taking pictures of interesting stuffs and also trying to take pictures of myself using the timer function :\

Photobucket
First exhibition room

Photobucket
Overturned SBS bus setup xD

Photobucket
The Code of Conduct looks like our Singapore passport O_O

Photobucket
This picture looks like I'm in the actual bunk room,
but actually, my background is just another picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wandered out of the exhibition rooms and into this pretty glass place area

Photobucket
Using the timer function, I placed my camera on the steps xD

Photobucket
Pretty :D

Photobucket

Photobucket
Reflections.

Photobucket
Crest.

From there, I wandered outside to take a look. Actually I wanted to go to the army vehicles that were placed outside. But I was called back by Johnatton to watch a short video about the army. The effects was awesome! Lights, smoke, wind. Almost all the theatrical elements were used to make it feel real :D It was interesting. After that, we continued onwards to the last few exhibition rooms. I also tried out in a rifle shooting practice and I passed! xD

Photobucket

Photobucket
The description of this face mask was,
"USED FACE MASK; this is a face mask used by one of SAF team member."
Sounds pretty disgusting to use a used face mask for an exhibit.

Photobucket
Heh... Silly xD

Photobucket

And finally, I can go see the army vehicles! :D I made a little detour by going down to the drain area and then up again to the army vehicles. I have totally no idea why I would do that, but I know I felt like it xD!

Photobucket
Drain area :)

Photobucket
Uh huh... O_O

Photobucket
Heh, I climbed...

Photobucket
I went under...

Photobucket
& I climbed somemore! :X
I was pretty scared that the cleaners would see me and
then report me to the security people Dx


Photobucket
Argh!! It's an ambush!

We continued on to the outdoor obstacle course; kids' version :P Johnatton demonstrated how they take on each obstacle in their BMT. And yay! I have completed my trip at the Army Museum of Singapore. I think I didn't miss seeing anything at all... Anyway, it was time for me to meet Edmund, Rebecca and ShunAn for our "Orchard Road Xmas Trees Viewing" mission.

AND THAT'S FOR ANOTHER POST! TTFN! TTYL! (acronyms again! D:)

Photobucket
Lastly, a mini fact for you! :D


Labels: ,



--xoxo,
Akira Star

Top of page

Previous - Homepage - Forward

Credits

Layout: www.pinaydoll.info
Basecodes: www.yaythemes.com



Copyright © 2009 - you.blogspot.com - All rights reserved - Theme: www.pinaydoll.info